Wednesday, November 27, 2013

THANKSGIVING 2013

I am grateful for what I am and have. 
My thanksgiving is perpetual…
Henry David Thoreau

But I am a little concerned about my children and grandchildren. Will we leave them a nation in debt and politically so divided and paralyzed that it is incapable of rising to the occasion as it has done so many times in our time?

I am grateful for what I am and have but have we been too selfish in claiming for ourselves more than we were willing to pay for, presenting the next generations with a huge credit card bill?

I am grateful, but not too pleased that consumerism is claiming every single Holiday on our calendar, first Christmas and now Thanksgiving too. Do we really need to break up our Thanksgiving celebration to start our Christmas shopping at Best Buy?

If we don’t have our priorities straight are we even deserving of Thanksgiving? From those to whom much is given, much is expected; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked (Luke 12:48).

John F. Kennedy reminded the nation on January 9, 1961 of this biblical admonishment. Have we been heeding the message?


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment